I LOVE my grandmother’s navy bean soup, but it takes forever to make with soaking the beans overnight and then slow cooking the soup all day. I decided to try it in my Instant Pot and it was a success! Not only that, but my kids loved it…score!
- 1-2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic (about 4 large cloves)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1-2 cup ham, diced
- 1 lb. dry navy beans
- 8 cups liquid – I used 8 c. water and a scoop of gluten free chicken bouillon (note: use warm or hot water as it’ll take less time for everything to heat up and cook)
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté and add oil.
- When oil is shimmering, add onions and sauté unti...