Cream of Mushroom soup is one of those things that you just need to have on hand. When we first started dealing with food allergies, I was devastated that I couldn’t just throw a can of CoM soup into a casserole anymore. This CoM soup recipe is so easy (like, less than 15 minutes, start to finish!) and it makes the equivalent of 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup. If you don’t use it all immediately, put in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week.
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 Tbs. butter or olive oil
- 1/3 c. superfine rice flour (I use THIS one)
- 1 1/4 c. vegetable or mushroom broth
- 1 c. heavy cream or nondairy milk (I’ve used soy and coconut milk with good results)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp...