I found a recipe for coconut cake on Pinterest from Cooking Classy and it looked great, so I thought I’d convert it to be gluten free and make a few tweaks. My kids and coworkers loved the cake…some didn’t even know it was gluten free!
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I use THIS one)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or nondairy butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, yolks and whites separated, plus two more egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c. shredded coconut
- 12 oz. cream cheese (1 1/2 packages), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup butter or non...