My sister gave me this recipe a while ago and it is so yummy! I converted it to be gluten free with vegan options if your diet requires dairy free, egg free and/or vegan options. I hope you like it!
2 1/2 c. gluten free flour blend (I like this one: http://amzn.to/T0hi09)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter or nondairy butter alternate
2 eggs (alternately use 2 Tbs. flax meal mixed into 6 Tbs. water–allow to sit until it becomes gel-like)
1 tsp. almond extract
1 1/2 c. dried cranberries
1 c. good quality white chocolate (optional), chopped or in chip form
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl; whisk to blend.
4. Using electric mixer, beat sugar, butter or nondairy butter alternate, 2 eggs or flax meal gel and almond extract in large bowl until well blended. Mix in flour mixture, then dried cranberries.
5. Divide dough in half and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Using your hands (I rub some olive or coconut oil on mine to keep the batter from sticking), shape each piece into 2 1/2-inch-wide, 9 1/2-inch-long, 1-inch-high log.
6. Bake logs until golden brown (logs will spread), about 35 minutes.
7. Cool completely on sheet on rack. Maintain oven temperature.
8. Transfer logs to work surface. Discard parchment. Using serrated knife, cut logs on diagonal into 1/2-inch-wide slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, on same sheet.
9. Bake 10 minutes; turn biscotti over. Bake until just beginning to color, about 5 minutes. Transfer biscotti to rack.
10. Stir chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water until smooth. Remove from over water. Using fork or whisk, drizzle chocolate over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
*Can be made 1 week ahead. Freeze in airtight container. Thaw at room temperature.