Who doesn’t love a great ice cream? One of my favorites is Ben & Jerry’s Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, but it is pretty expensive for a little pint. So, I decided to try making my own. This recipe is SOOOOO easy (literally, it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare), is egg-free and does NOT require an ice cream maker! Try it and let me know what you think!
- 1 serving’s worth of instant coffee of choice (I used 1 package of Starbucks Via)
- 2 tsp. gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 Heath Bars, crushed
- In a small bowl, mix the instant coffee and vanilla. Set aside so that the coffee dissolves. Do NOT skip this step or you will have grainy coffee ice cream…ew, just ew.
- Bash your Heath Bars against your counter while still in the package. Open wrappers and put candy pieces in a bowl. Break any larger pieces into smaller ones (I like to get some Heath Bar in every bite).
- Whisk heavy cream until you have stiff peaks and it resembles whipping cream.
- Mix in sweetened condensed milk and coffee/vanilla extract mixture.
- Fold in Heath Bar chunks.
- Put into a plastic container and freeze for 5-6 hours.
- Eat & enjoy!