My kids and I love love love pasta salad. When I make a batch of this, I have to make a double batch as the kiddos always want to have a container of it in their lunch. It has lots of “nibbly bits” (a term my mom coined for all of the little bites of flavor from different ingredients).
- Dressing: 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar, 3-4 large cloves of garlic sent through a press, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp. basil, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, salt & pepper to taste
- 12 oz. gluten free pasta, cooked
- 3-4 c. chopped mix-ins of your choice. I used 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 can black olives, a handful of sliced salami, 3 green onions, 2 handfuls of sugar snap peas,1/2 lb fresh button mushrooms and 1/4 lb. diced cheddar and Monterrey cheese.
- Whisk dressing ingredients to combine and set aside.
- Cook pasta. Once cooked, cool by running cold water over pasta in a strainer, drain and toss with a little olive oil. Set aside.
- Cut veggies, cheese & meats unto bite-sized pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Add cooled pasta and drizzle dressing on, mixing so everything is coated evenly.